1. Cut and glue the appliques onto the fabric and center them.
2. I used blanket stitch all around the appliques, you can also use zig zag stitch
3. Fold the fabric in half and I did a french seam bag here. Sew on the right side approx. 1/4" all the way on one side, and on the other side, do the same but stop about 2.5" from the top. Then turn it over and do straight stitch on the wrong side for about 0.375" from the side (do the one side first, where you stitch all the way up and leave the one with 2.5" gap from the top last).
4. Fold the open edges in twice then sew the edge (the 2.5" part), so there won't be any frayed edges when you fold the top for the cord casing (at angled position)
5. Fold the top twice and sew all around for the cord casing.
6. Sew the other side on the wrong side, approx. 0.375" from the edge and close the stitch just below the cord casing
7. Put in the cord and you're done